Water Damage - Are Flood Cuts Necessary?
Drying equipment being used to remediate water damage in South Dallas.
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas has been repeatedly called to water damaged homes and businesses where other restoration companies told the owners that flood cuts and major demolition is necessary, but we deemed that course of action unnecessary. This is certainly concerning, because while sometimes it is necessary to remove affected materials, especially when they have degraded or been affected by Category 3 water like sewage. However, our certified professionals regularly dry areas that have been affected by water using our state of the art equipment and techniques while performing very limited demolition or flood cuts. This helps to keep the costs down, speeds up the process, and causes as little interruption to the homeowner's life or business as possible. Call SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas first for the best water damage restoration team around.
Keep Your Family And Friends Safe During The Holidays
Holiday Treasures Can Be Holiday Hazards!
With the holidays all a glow memories of holidays past and present come to mind. At SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, we want to make sure that your holidays are safe and merry. One of the ways to do that is to make sure that your home is safe during this holiday season.
Holiday Safety Tips:
- Make sure that Christmas trees, candles, and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, radiators, heat vents, and candles.
- Holiday decorations should be in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving your home or going to bed.
- Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or before going to bed.
- Make sure that your tree stand is sturdy.
- Keep curious pets and children away from Christmas trees.
- Keep anything that can catch on fire--like potholders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels away from your stovetop.
- At the end of the day, walk around your property to ensure all candles and smoking materials are properly extinguished.
At SERVPRO of Southwest, we wish you, your family and friends a safe and happy holiday season.
Have A Wonderful And Safe Thanksgiving!
Have A Safe Holiday Season!
In November, we begin to celebrate the holiday season with the Thanksgiving holiday. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) offers us kitchen safety tips. The top ten safety tips are:
- “Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey, and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay three feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.”
At SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, we wish you the safest and best holiday season!
Have A Fire-Free Fall
Keep Your Family Free-Free And Safe During Fall Activities
One of the most beautiful seasons of the year is fall. The cool and crisp temperatures, outdoor activities and beautiful fall colors can be seen no matter where you are or where you live. Gives way to the excitement of the upcoming holiday season According to the National Fire Protection Association, NFPA, it is also the time where fire dangers can present themselves. SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas wants all families in our communities to stay safe. Consider following the following safety tips provided by NFPA.
- “Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them.
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.” (Halloween/NFPA)
At SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, we want everyone to have a safe and fire-free fall season. Should you have a fire clean-up emergency, we are here to help your family or business 24/7. Please call us (214) 463-5880
Halloween Candy Safety
Keep Your Family Safe While Trick or Treating!
Halloween is that love by both children and adults. Here are some simple and safe tips for kids and their holiday treats.
Snacking: Give kids a small meal or snack before they hit the streets for trick or treating. The urge to eat candy while out is great. But, children should wait until they get home. As a family you can inspect the candy and treats. Make a game of it by having them sort count and look at each piece.
Safe treats: Children and adults should not accept and eat treats that are not wrapped by the candy manufacturer. This way it may be easier to see if the tasty treats have been tampered with. Remember to throw away anything that is suspicious.
Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, check the label to ensure the allergen isn’t present. Children should not eat any home-baked goods they may have received.
Beware of Choking hazards: Very young children can choke on innocent items like gum, peanuts, hard candies, or small toys.
At SERVPRO of Gilbert, we hope that you have a safe and Happy Halloween!
Fall Clean Up Is Important For The Safety Of Your Home
Fall Is the Time To Clean Up Outdoors And Get Ready For The Winter
As fall leaves begin to fly and temperatures begin to fall, it is essential to make sure that your fall clean-up starts, so they do not make way to future disasters. Enlist the help of your entire family and make it fun.
Check weather stripping and caulking around doors. Cracks and missing stripping can cause heat loss and allow the fall and winter weather to intrude into your home. This can cause damage to your windows, doors, and floors. Make sure that the proper repairs and replacements are made.
Check and clean your gutters and downspouts. When they become clogged or loose, they can create water damage in and around your home.
Patio furniture should be cleaned covered or stored away, so it remains in tip-top condition for next spring and summer
Garden hoses should be drained and unsecured from outdoor water spickets. This will prevent the hose and the outdoor water source from freezing thus potentially causing pipes to burst and creating a water disaster
Check out exterior paint. Does your home need a touch-up? Cooler weather allows you to complete any outdoor painting activities.
If you have a swimming pool, it is time to close it for the season.
Busy schedules sometimes give way to the opportunity to season proof your home. Should you forget and be faced with a flood, water, or fire emergency, contact SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas (214) 463-5880. We are here to serve the communities of the Greater Dallas Area, including Dallas, Oak Cliff, Kessler, Cockrell Hill, the Bishop Arts District, and Wynnewood.
Water Damage Ready Professionals
We are here to help with your water damage emergency 24/7
Water damage can range from minor to absolutely disastrous. When faced with residential or commercial water damage, call SERVPRO of Southwest. We are recognized as a trusted leader in the water restoration industry. As a locally owned and operated franchise, our team has the knowledge needed to solve the problem quickly.
Offering 24/7 emergency service, customers will speak directly to one of our SERVPRO professionals who are highly skilled, trained, and certified water damage technicians. Customer Service is our top priority.
As a professional water restoration company, we can work closely with your insurance agent to ensure that all of the required paperwork is completed accurately allowing the restoration process to move forward. Our team will stay in communication with you throughout the process, so timelines and expectations are clear.
At SERVPRO, we have a six-step water restoration process using advanced technology.
- Emergency Contact with our Customer Care Representative
- Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
- Water Removal and Water Extraction
- Drying and Dehumidification
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
We understand that every water disaster is different. SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas is here to provide unique solutions. Call us (214) 463-5880 to help you quickly recover from your next water damage emergency.
Flood Damage? No Problem - We Are Here to Help!
We are to help with any flood emergency
Storm damage, especially from flooding, can be disastrous to a residential or commercial property owner.
After the floodwaters regress, the charge of restoring your property begins. It can be wearisome. Most everyone wants to return their property and start the restoration process.
However, It is crucial to understand that if the flood was severe enough to require evacuation, it is equally essential to stay safe when you return.
Consider the following before you re-enter your property:
- First, contact all your utility companies to ensure that electric and gas are turned off and sewer lines are intact.
- Check for any visible structural damage like loosened or cracked foundation, other cracks or holes that would make it dangerous to enter.
- Once you enter the structure, look for warping of ceilings or drywall damage.
SEVRPRO of Southwest Dallas will help!. Depending on the amount of damage, water can impact wood and drywall that has either been submerged for a long or a short period. Left professionally untreated continuing problems such as the deterioration of wood and wall coverings as well as the development of mold can develop
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas has access to an extensive inventory of recovery equipment. We have qualified professionals to respond to emergencies and disasters of any size or severity.
With 24/7 response, our professionals offer effective mitigation service designed to save our customers time and money on the restoration work that their home or business requires. Our fast response to water loss emergencies can prevent structural degradation and the formation of hazardous mold colonies.
No matter the emergency or when it occurs, our team can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas (214) 463-5880 for water damage mitigation and restoration needs.
A Salute to the North Texas Day Of Giving
Supporting Our Communities is #1 to Our Team
For SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, it is important for us to be involved in community events. That promote uplifting others in Dallas and the surrounding communities
Recently, we were promoted and participated in the North Texas Day of Giving which is led by Communities Foundation of Texas. It is one of the largest community charity events in the nation. As a giving event, it designed to empower everyone to give back to their community by supporting local nonprofits and causes important to them. It was a one-day event that raised over $50 million dollars. It is all about helping the communities we serve to thrive.
We appreciate the hard work that went into this successful event. And, we appreciate our local communities for their contributions. Thank you.
So What Is The Difference Between A Severe Weather Watch And Warning?
Understand the difference between a severe thunderstorm watch and warning.
So, exactly what is the difference between a Severe Thunderstorms Watch and Severe Thunderstorm Warning. Let’s test our knowledge.
Get Prepared when there is a Severe Thunderstorm Watch. This means that severe thunderstorms are possible in and near the watch area. It is important to stay informed and be prepared to act if a severe thunderstorm warning is issued by the national weather service. Typically, a watch area covers several counties and states.
Take Action when a Severe Thunderstorm Warning is issued. Radar or spotters have reported that there is severe weather. These warnings are not to be taken lightly. There could be an imminent danger to life and property. Take shelter immediately. Leave mobile homes. They can blow over easily in high winds. It is important to understand that warning typically cover a smaller area like a city or town. The area may be impacted by large hail or damaging winds that have been identified by a national weather service forecaster on radar or a trained spotter or law enforcement official who is watching the storm.
At SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, your safety is our first concern. In the event, that you need storm clean up assistance after a storm large or small. Call us (214) 463-5880 for 24/7 emergency service. We can help with any severe storm damage and board up service.