Beware of Carbon Monoxide
Challenging to detect and often called the silent killer, carbon monoxide is a threat to your home. Unfortunately, you can't see or smell carbon monoxide. Carbon Monoxide has no odor, color, or taste. At high levels, it can poison or kill humans or pets in minutes.
It is important to recognize the silent symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. They can include a dull headache, dizziness, muscle weakness, confusion, nausea or vomiting, blurred vision, confusion or heart, and respiratory diseases. If you suspect any of your symptoms are related to carbon monoxide poisoning, leave your home immediately, move outside into fresh air— call 911. The experts will come and access your home.
It is critical to inspect all fuel-burning appliances, fireplaces, wood stoves, etc. by a trained professional annually. A trained professional can ensure that your home is safe. It is also important to have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home. There are many options available and are easy to install and test regularly.
At SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, our community is important to us. We want to make sure that your family is safe.
Keep Your Home Safe From A Candle Fire
Candles can add to the ambiance of your home; however, they one of the primary causes of house fires. It is important to remember that a candle is an open flame that can easily ignite flammable items that are near. Keep your home a sanctuary from everyday life and safe from a candle fire. Many candle alternatives can bring your home the same warm feeling.
Some safe options are:
- Battery Operated Candles
- Oil Warmers
- LED String lights in a clear vase
- Wine Bottle with LED Lights
If the scent is what you are missing, consider:
- Oil or Wax Warmers
- Reed or Stick Diffusers
- Air Freshener Sprays
If you do use candles in your home, remember to follow a few simple safety tips:
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Keep candles should be kept out of the reach of children and pets.
- Never burn a candle on or near something flammable.
If a candle fire does happen, SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas can help. We are a loss recovery team, and our Smoke Restoration Technicians can quickly identify the full scope of the damage to your home. We work to provide effective mitigation and restoration that can save you time and money.
Call us (214) 463-5880 you encounter a fire emergency
Storm and Water Damage Restoration Professionals
Storm Damage to a Home!
Severe weather storms can cause destruction to your home or commercial property in an instant. It can be overwhelming when disaster strikes, creating an unhealthy home or business for your family, employees, and customers. At SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, we understand that and have helped many property owners recovery as quickly as possible.
After the storm passes, most want to access any damage as quickly as possible. But it is essential to stay safe. Be careful of any hazards like broken glass, fallen limbs, standing water, downed powerlines, etc. Follow any instructions that are given to the community by the police, fire, and utility companies. If there is the smell of gas, shut the main gas line off and open windows and doors. Stay outside until help arrives.
Next check for any structural damage to your property. Look for leaks, holes in the roof, missing shingles, cracked or broken tile, dents, and ding in gutters, vents or flashing, cracks in brick, damage to the siding of your home. Take a look at the windows and doors to ensure that there were no leaks or damage due to flying debris. Make sure that outdoor appliances like air conditioners, grills are in good working order. If you have a basement, see if the sump pump is working and there is no water in the basement.
If the event that there is damage to the exterior of your property that may allow water, pest, etc. into your home or business, call SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas for board up service. We are available to you for emergency service 24/7, including holidays.
Contact your insurance provider right away. They can instruct you the steps to take to expedite your claim.
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas will be available to handle any of your disaster recovery services from flooding, water damage, and fire. We will take time to explain our process to ensure that your property returns to "Like it never even happened."
Call us today for all your storm damage, mitigation, and restoration needs (214) 463-5880!
Schedule A Emergency Ready Profile Today!
Your Personal Emergency Ready Profile Is On Your Phone!
It is essential to plan to lessen business interruption after a disaster. Nearly 50% of businesses may never reopen after suffering a disaster!
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas is ready to help commercial customers develop a SERVPRO® Emergency Ready Profile. The plan will help minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. All the information you may need; contacts, property manager, insurance information, etc. will be accessible from your cell phone.
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas offers a complimentary Emergency Ready Profile to commercial businesses.
Your ERP with SERVPRO® will include:
- A no-cost assessment of your facility
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in an emergency
- A guide to help get you back into your building following a disaster
- Establishes SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
Call SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas a (214) 463-5880 to schedule your Emergency Ready Profile!
How To Use A Fire Extinguisher Properly!
Residential Fire Extinguisher
Fire extinguishers cannot only save lives, but it can protect your home as well. First, you must store your home fire extinguisher where children cannot reach them. Next, do not place them near stoves, heating appliances, or behind draperies. An optimal location is near one of your doors going to the outside of your home.
Make sure that you are using the proper technique established by OSHA. It is called the P.A.S.S. method.
- “PULL... Pull the pin. This will also break the tamper seal.
- AIM... Aim low, pointing the extinguisher nozzle (or its horn or hose) at the base of the fire.
NOTE: Do not touch the plastic discharge horn on CO2 extinguishers, it gets very cold and may damage your skin.
- SQUEEZE... Squeeze the handle to release the extinguishing agent.
- SWEEP... Sweep from side to side at the base of the fire until it appears to be out. Watch the area. If the fire re-ignites, repeat steps 2 - 4.
If you have the slightest doubt about your ability to fight a fire, EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!"
If you have a fire restoration, emergency SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas is ready to help. We provide emergency fire services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – including holidays. You can expect an immediate response, day or night. Call us (214) 463-5880
Water Damage, Flooding and Restoration
Storm Damage and Flood Waters Beware!
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas is ready to assist you with any of your water, flood or fire restoration needs. To ensure the safety of your home, it is best to be proactive. Doing so will lessen the opportunity of water damage or flood damage.
The best prevention of water or flood damage is the inspection and maintenance of the most obvious things in your home. Here are a few suggestions to help reduce the potential for damage.
- Visible hoses and pipes in your home should be inspected regularly, like, dishwashers, washing machines, refrigerators, ice makers. Unfortunately, all of these types of appliances have hoses and pipes that in time will wear out.
- Know where the water main to your home is located. Make sure the main valve is in good working condition. Should you have an appliance flood or pipe flood in your home, one of the first things that you will need to do is shut off the water to your home, so more damage is not caused. So, you do not want a faulty main value. The could mean serious disaster.
- If there is a sump pump in your home, check it regularly. If it is broken or the battery backup is not working, it will be too late when you have a flood.
- Routinely check your gutters, roof, and the slope of your yard. During monsoon season or rainy season, clogged gutters are a recipe for disaster. Make sure that they are cleaned and clear of any debris.
- Make sure that the slope of your yard moves water away from your home rather than toward the foundation.
- Check for roof leaks in the attic. Don’t let them go unattended. Doing so could cause leaks not just in the attic area but throughout your home. Left unattended mold can result.
- Keep an eye on your water bill. If you notice an unexplained increase, you may have a leak inside or outside of your home. Call a professional plumber to take a look.
Should you encounter a flood disaster of any kind, call SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas (214) 463-5880. Our professionally trained team is available to help 24/7 providing fast emergency service, day or night!
Dryer Fire Danger!
Dryers Can Cause Fires!
Whether you own or rent your home, keeping your home safe is the utmost importance to having a happy, healthy family. This is why it is crucial to understand the risks if a clothes dryer is not taken care of properly. Too often neglected areas of clothes dryer cleaning are the dryer vents and the lint filter adding to the risk of a home or business fire.
It is essential to follow these simple safety tips that can prevent a fire in your dryer.
- Make sure that your dryer is installed and maintained by a certified professional.
- Never use your dryer without a lint filter. It is important to clean the filter screen before each cycle. Use a dryer link brush to clean the inside of the link trap. Lint can build up in the trap as well.
- Clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up over time.
- Check the venting system in the back of the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed, or restricted in any way.
- Look outside to make sure the outdoor vent is clear, and there is no lint or obstructions.
- It is also a great idea every so often to clean your dryer tub. Simply take a clean cloth with a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Let it dry completely.
Keeping your family and customer safe is vital to us at SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas. In the event of a fire at your home or business, we are here to help you through this disaster. Our team of trained professionals will help restore any water or fire damage emergency. Quickly and professionally, we bring your home or business back to its original state. "Like it never even happened." Call SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas (214) 463-5880; we are available for 24/7 emergency service.
Your Fire and Water Damage Team!!
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas realizes upsetting and worrisome a fire or water damage can cause your family or business. It is a disruption that can turn your day to day life upside-down. Our team of professionals will help minimize the interruption and fix the property damage quickly and in the most cost-effective way possible. SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas specializes in water and fire cleanup and restoration of both residential and commercial properties after a fire, smoke or water invasion. And if necessary, we will mitigate mold and mildew.
Our team is highly trained and certified in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, you can be assured that we are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. No fire or water damage is too large or too small for SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas.
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas takes great pride to ensure our communities families and businesses. When the need arises for a fire or water restoration team, call us at (214) 463-5880. We are available, 24/7!
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas Is READY to Help!
Water, Fire, and Storms - We are "Faster To Any Disaster"
Disasters can be catastrophic for residences and businesses. Water, fire, or storms can create chaos; leaving you with a feeling of helplessness, not knowing where to turn after a catastrophe. SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas ready to help.
We understand that your property is one of the most significant investments that you will ever make. This is why it is essential that you choose a company with the knowledge, equipment experience, and reputation you can trust to return your property to its preloss condition or better. We make your disaster, "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas because
- We are trained to IICRC’s high standards in fire and water cleanup and restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses.
- Our industry professionals regularly attend SERVPROcontinuing education classes locally and at the corporate offices.
- IICRC sets the standard for equipment in our industry. We meet their standards. Our team uses moisture detection, measurement, water extraction, drying, odor removal, and deodorization equipment. Our equipment can completely clean and remove the effects of water, mold, soot, smoke, and odor restoring property quickly.
- SERVPRO has been in business for over 50 years and has a team of over 1,700 franchises nationwide.
The next time you need the help of a disaster restoration company, call SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas (214) 463-5880
We Help You Get Back To Business In Oak Cliff After A Water Damage Disaster
When you experience water damage such as a busted water line. We have the equipment and fast action to mitigate the water damage.
Getting Your Oak Cliff Restaurant Dry After A Loss Incident
Water loss incidents are far more dramatic in an Oak Cliff business, as a higher volume of people end up displaced without a prompt response to get the situation resolved. With an establishment in the food and beverage industry, you have added levels of concern involved in the recovery of your business after water damage spreads through the inside. There are many ways that your staff and the custodial team can get this situation under control if they act quickly before the damage becomes too severe.
As much as many business owners have trusted our SERVPRO professionals to help overcome water damage to Oak Cliff buildings in the past, the full measure of our expertise and resources is not always necessary for smaller scale water emergencies. The first step, as with any loss incident of this variety, is to determine the source and work to stop the flow of water to this breach or vulnerability until the appropriately qualified repair personnel can arrive to complete this task.
The focus now is on getting the restaurant dry so that you can avert a more damaging condition like mold or microbial growth, which can become very damaging to both your reputation and standing with the health department. Mold does not seat in dry locations, meaning that getting the work started to clear out moisture and dampness is wise. While you might not have the commercial grade drying and recovery equipment available to our SERVPRO team at your disposal, there are machines that you can rent that can help you to make this task more thorough when dealing with water damage.
From local home improvement and hardware locations, you can often find a selection of:
Air movers and drying fans
Depending on the situation in your restaurant, different tools and equipment might be necessary to get the building dried out. You can trust our SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas team to arrive quickly to help if the situation gets out of control or you need a second look at your recovery efforts. Give us a call anytime at (214) 463-5880.
See more about Oak Cliff.