What Is Black Mold?
Finding mold anywhere in your home or place of business can be alarming. Mold is in every environment with only a hand full that can create concerning health issues. The type, concentration, amount of consistent exposure, and the differing effect on each individual are the key criteria to the human damage caused by mold. One variety of black mold can be especially harmful to our health. To determine the type of black mold, a specialist known as an Industrial Hygienist can be brought in to do testing. Resulting tests can tell you the type of mold and the concentration. Based on the results, a protocol can be put together to tackle the issue.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (214) 463-5880
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas proudly serves Dallas, Oak Cliff, Cockrell Hill, and surrounding areas.