Have A Fire-Free Fall
One of the most beautiful seasons of the year is fall. The cool and crisp temperatures, outdoor activities and beautiful fall colors can be seen no matter where you are or where you live. Gives way to the excitement of the upcoming holiday season According to the National Fire Protection Association, NFPA, it is also the time where fire dangers can present themselves. SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas wants all families in our communities to stay safe. Consider following the following safety tips provided by NFPA.
- “Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them.
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.” (Halloween/NFPA)
At SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, we want everyone to have a safe and fire-free fall season. Should you have a fire clean-up emergency, we are here to help your family or business 24/7. Please call us (214) 463-5880