Water Damage, Flooding and Restoration
SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas is ready to assist you with any of your water, flood or fire restoration needs. To ensure the safety of your home, it is best to be proactive. Doing so will lessen the severity of water damage or flood damage.
The best prevention of water or flood damage is the inspection and maintenance of the most common causes in your home. Here are a few suggestions to help reduce the potential for damage.
- Visible hoses and pipes in your home should be inspected regularly, like, dishwashers, washing machines, refrigerators, and ice makers. Unfortunately, all of these types of appliances have hoses and pipes that in time will wear out.
- Know where the water main to your home is located. Make sure the main valve is in good working condition. Should you have an appliance flood or pipe flood in your home, one of the first things that you will need to do is shut off the water to your home, so more damage is not caused. Thus, you do not want a faulty main value since that could mean serious disaster.
- If there is a sump pump in your home, check it regularly. If it is broken or the battery backup is not working, it will be too late when you have a flood.
- Routinely check your gutters, roof, and the slope of your yard. During monsoon season or rainy season, clogged gutters are a recipe for disaster. Make sure that they are cleaned and clear of any debris.
- Make sure that the slope of your yard moves water away from your home rather than toward the foundation.
- Check for roof leaks in the attic. Don’t let them go unattended. Doing so could cause leaks not just in the attic area but throughout your home. Left unattended mold can result.
- Keep an eye on your water bill. If you notice an unexplained increase, you may have a leak inside or outside of your home. Call a professional plumber to take a look.
Should you encounter a flood disaster of any kind, call SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas (214) 463-5880. Our professionally trained team is available to help 24/7 providing fast emergency service, day or night!