Keep Your Family And Friends Safe During The Holidays
With the holidays all a glow memories of holidays past and present come to mind. At SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, we want to make sure that your holidays are safe and merry. One of the ways to do that is to make sure that your home is safe during this holiday season.
Holiday Safety Tips:
- Make sure that Christmas trees, candles, and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, radiators, heat vents, and candles.
- Holiday decorations should be in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving your home or going to bed.
- Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or before going to bed.
- Make sure that your tree stand is sturdy.
- Keep curious pets and children away from Christmas trees.
- Keep anything that can catch on fire--like potholders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels away from your stovetop.
- At the end of the day, walk around your property to ensure all candles and smoking materials are properly extinguished.
At SERVPRO of Southwest, we wish you, your family and friends a safe and happy holiday season.