If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (214) 463-5880

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Beware of Carbon Monoxide

8/14/2019 (Permalink)

Challenging to detect and often called the silent killer, carbon monoxide is a threat to your home.  Unfortunately, you can't see or smell carbon monoxide.  Carbon Monoxide has no odor, color, or taste.  At high levels, it can poison or kill humans or pets in minutes.

It is important to recognize the silent symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.  They can include a dull headache, dizziness, muscle weakness, confusion, nausea or vomiting, blurred vision, confusion or heart, and respiratory diseases.  If you suspect any of your symptoms are related to carbon monoxide poisoning, leave your home immediately, move outside into fresh air— call 911.  The experts will come and access your home. 

It is critical to inspect all fuel-burning appliances, fireplaces, wood stoves, etc. by a trained professional annually.  A trained professional can ensure that your home is safe.    It is also important to have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home.  There are many options available and are easy to install and test regularly.

At SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas, our community is important to us.   We want to make sure that your family is safe. 

Other News

View Recent Posts