Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Biohazard contaminants are very serious health risks and should be treated as such. Sewage backups and flood waters are two common biohazard situations that can affect homes and businesses. Infectious and contagious diseases are also a concern in today's world, and we follow CDC guidelines when decontaminating areas. In addition, we have the appropriate chemicals to make any situation safe, such as proprietary EPA approved disinfectants manufactured at the SERVPRO worldwide headquarters. SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas has the training (such as bloodborne pathogens training), protective gear like Tyvek suits and respirators, and the specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore any scenario.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (214) 463-5880
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Southwest Dallas has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Oak Cliff
- Cockrell Hill
- Bishop Arts